What Type Of Funeral Service?
If the wishes of the deceased person are known beforehand, funeral arrangements can be attended to accordingly.
We can assist in all arrangements for burial or cremation, private, public or state funerals, as well as prepaid funerals. The following options are a guide to the type of service you may have.
- A service in a church or chapel, followed by an interment or committal at the cemetery or crematorium.
- A service in a church or chapel, followed by a private family-only interment or committal for cremation at our crematorium, “Mersey Gardens”.
- A service and committal for cremation in a church or chapel, when the funeral director removes the coffin at the end of the service for a private cremation.
- A service and committal in the crematorium chapel.
- A service and interment at the graveside.
- A burial or cremation prior to the service, followed by a Thanksgiving Service in a church or chapel.
- A service at another funeral venue, e.g. local hall, sports club, RSL, family home, beach or park. Some of these would require municipal council approval.
Today, with our busy lifestyles, people are tending to have funeral services at one venue, which allows family and friends time to share in fellowship and refreshments at the chapel or church hall, at the conclusion of the service.